22 July 2010
Random musings from the back seat
Ryan turns four today, and for his birthday we went to the dollar theater to see "How to Train Your Dragon". Ryan wanted his best bud Whittaker to come along, and so we invited the whole Dallas family along. Mom Liz ran into some computer trouble she needed to take care of immediately, so I volunteered to take all 7 boys to the movie. (Yes, I know I'm insane) Since we all made it back alive, I consider it a successful outing. Just FYI, the Dallas boys consist of Jackson, 8, Iain, 7, Quincy, 5 and Whittaker, 3 1/2.
Of course, I forgot the camera (the pics above are from a previous Dallas-Lathrop get together), but I thought you might enjoy some of the random snatches of conversation that I heard from the driver's seat.
Iain: "Zombies come from mummies. When you die, if you get wrapped all up, and then you wait, like, 3000 years, then you'll come out as a mummy. Then you turn into a zombie."
Ryan: "Zombies go RAHHHH!"
Quincy: "And then mummies have scarab beetles that eat people."
Nathan: "God is in everything, even this chair in front of me. So, I'm touching God right now"
Iain: (touching Nathan on the head) "I'm touching God too"
Nathan: (banging Quincy on the head) "Me too!"
Me: "Okay, no hitting God, guys."
Quincy: "God makes trees."
Nathan: "My dad says that there are trees that were alive when JESUS was alive!"
Iain: "That's not possible. It was really hot and dry when Jesus was alive, so trees couldn't live"
Nathan: "My dad said so. He said they are like 3 million, or maybe 300 feet tall. Or maybe 2654 feet tall."
Jackson: "He's talking about redwoods"
Iain: "But it was too hot when Jesus was alive so I bet they are younger than that."
Nathan: "Maybe"
Whittaker: "Can Ryan come and play at our house after the movie?"
Me: "We'll have to see."
Whittaker: "Ok. I'll ask again. Because when you say 'yes', it means 'yes', and when you say 'no', it means 'no'"
Jackson: "Except when you change your mind."
Nathan: "I hit a hornet's nets and was stung by 3 hundred and 10 hornets! Or maybe just 4 hornets stung me, but I think there must have been at least 300 of them in the nest"
Iain: "Piranhas have marbles for eyes...[disbelief from the other kids] What I mean is, when they die, you dry them and then pop our their eyeballs and put in marbles. I don't know why."
Needless to say, I turned down the radio and listened to them.
I love the Dallases. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment